Wednesday 29 April 2020

Growing



Everything in the garden is...well...little...but I give thanks that's fine as I'm trying to grow baby leaves for salad. I give thanks for a bright window sill and finding a 'just the right size' container in the back of a kitchen cupboard. For all the more flamboyant things I've seen travelling to hospital and back - clematis and lilac in various shades, red hot pokers and the chestnut candles which seem particularly bright this year.

For the new sea wall growing too and for the line of top pieces finally coming into view from here...with plenty of sea still to see above them. Not as high as the waves that splash up at high tide in certain wind directions so it will be interesting to see how it's curved profile works.

I give thanks for feeling better than I did yesterday though mostly only interested in food and sleep so not a bad afternoon for treatment really! For the yarn I ordered to make a summer cover up taking probably less time to arrive than I spent looking for it on line! Lots of places are running low on their lower priced stock due to a run on orders from the housebound and a lack of deliveries I guess. Couldn't get quite the colours and ply I envisaged but I'm delighted the stitch pattern I had in my head seems to be working out tickety boo in the sample piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics