Monday 20 April 2020

Picky

I give thanks for recovering from the shock of waking this morning to discover my hospital trip was a dream and today wasn't a day off!

I give thanks that after resigning myself to having to have a back troubling bed for treatment rather than a chair (as furniture can no longer be moved), they swapped it 'just this once'. For politely asking if it could be noted that my worn and torn spine would really prefer the more supportive option if it can be arranged...

For Facebook posted photos of local visual delights. To be honest pictures of further afield make me worry I might never get there, and though I know I might never get to walk in countryside again or even to the top of the brook, I give thanks for some remaining faith I might.

I give thanks for the visual delights I've been able to enjoy first hand today. It's hard to take a journey round here and not see something stunning, but when this morning's driver asked if I'd like to go via the coast road I was very grateful indeed...and then this evening's chap was the one who likes to go on the wiggly windy lanes so it feels as if my eyes (and soul) have had a good bathe in beautiful scenery. For all the bluebells and blossom - including some wisteria peeping over a wall - the glimpse of the Tors and the white wave tops rolling in to shore. For spotting one of the railway workers' pick up trucks delivering not building supplies this time but sandwiches and squash!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics