Friday 17 April 2020

Super

I give thanks for waking up to someone bringing me a cup of tea. This was this during my dialysis nap, which is not quite the same as first thing to start the day but very welcome nonetheless.

First thing to start the day I took my earplugs out and couldn't work out what the noise was I could suddenly hear, I give thanks for the sound of heavy rain, the moisture for the new foliage and the freshness in the air.

I give thanks for A Walk in the Woods vicariously via Bill Bryson's book of the same name. There was a two hour wait between arriving in the unit and my treatment starting so I'm very grateful I had it with me. For being attended to by a pleasant member of staff with whom I could have an intelligent conversation. Also for the bit when I didn't have to talk to anyone at all!

I give thanks not only have Tesco recognised my special delivery needs, but Sainsbury's have too. As I'm not even registered as an online shopper with the latter I was rather impressed (they have my email address as it's designated my 'home' Nectar store). For Julie picking up an online order from Boots for me. It was a shame she didn't realise you have to turn them upside down and shake them to leave with prescribed medication, but at least after she left they sent a text to say it was ready for collection so they can't pull the 'nothing here' excuse next time someone can go in for me!

I give thanks for being home for the weekend. Honestly folks you have no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics