Sunday 12 April 2020

Adored

I give thanks for the peacefulness here today - no DIY noises from my industrious neighbour, no milling traffic or tourists which there normally would be on a sunny Easter Sunday in a popular seaside town. For me this is definitely a bonus of the current stare of affairs...

I give thanks my own personal DIY agenda is in the more playful phase as all the bigger jobs within my capabilities have been done. For eking out the blue paint to finish the bedside table frames and for the finally pretty inside of my bedroom door.


I give thanks for Tesco having the aforementioned daffodils in stock. I give thanks for my rather spectacular houseplants every single day, but blooms are extra special especially when parks and gardens are out of bounds. They're not essential I'm sure you'd say, but a huge happiness boost for a person in a number of difficult situations all at once. Flowers in the house always make me feel cherished even if it's me cherishing myself!

Somehow, however, I managed to miss carrots off my order which will exercise my culinary ingenuity this week as they are the most versatile of renally friendly veg, but I give thanks my experimental adzuki bean roast was OK without. Oh and that I've finally got Yorkshires sussed. After years of barely edible attempts I've discovered you can get fifteen frozen ones for 50p and they are astonishingly good for the price! We all have our talents, and I give thanks my lack of skill with baked batter is offset by my prowess at Bramley and blueberry Eve's pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics