Friday 24 April 2020

Careful

My buzzer rang at quarter to eight this morning and it was someone with a government food parcel for me. I'm so grateful for what's meant to be a helpful service, but it's a shame it seems to be automatic and you can't opt out to save a wasted visit. I give thanks the delivery chap didn't seem surprised or perturbed, and seemed to enjoy the extra time for a fag break by his van!  You can tick a box to say you're on a special diet and I'd hoped this would stop me getting brought the standard deal of tinned soup and beans, potatoes and other items I'd be better off not eating, or at least being contacted first but clearly not. Oh well, it made me give thanks for my entryphone anyway! And for still having plenty of groceries in stock that I can use...

I give thanks for some sense of communication with the staff keeping me alive today, including making one of them laugh which is one of the few things I can do to return the favour. Also for realising the nurse who looked like someone from my former unit (as far as I could tell with the mask!) actually was the one. She suffers from asthma so has been sent to the 'clean area' and advised a couple of others from that team would be joining us in exile which sounds like good news to me, though we both agreed we would far rather the crisis was over and we could return to the place we prefer.

I give thanks for getting through another week, still in reasonable health and spirits. For preparing  my tea last night/this morning ready to pop in the oven soon. For the thought of the rest of the weekend ahead of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics