Monday 27 April 2020

Purposeful

I give thanks for the treatment that keeps me alive. For food which does so also...but much more enjoyably! For this afternoon passing more swiftly than it sometimes seems to do. And for much contented useful busyness since I've been home.

For the new normal neighbourhood sights of one man who does power walk laps around the length of the brook in increasingly sporty clothing and another with a big white beard who drives a JCBf for Network Rail in a series of apparently pointless but very purposeful manœuvres.

For thinking the ducks were unusually loud this morning when I shut the gate...and turning round to see a young family waddling along the pavement towards me. I told the mother it really wasn't a safe spot to be but she carried on past keeping her brood moving along as close to the walls as she could. She must have crossed a minimum of one road on her journey and had at least one more to negotiate to return to the water so it was good to see she had some traffic sense! I give thanks I think I could make out the same group safely swimming this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics