Friday 3 April 2020

Topping

I give thanks for the softening tips on all but the barest trees. For a different side room today where I could see the spring green of saplings as long as I was upright. For levelling out from upright sorting out a blood pressure drop. The room was cosier too, which I was grateful for, and also for (presumably) milder weather on the way as from Monday all our snuggly coverings from home are banned as an infection risk. Hospital 'blankets' will still be available of course but they are weighty rather than warm so it's going to be tough for less insulated bodies like mine...

I give thanks for Mima taking my top up shopping list to Sainsbury's to see what she could find. Also for Rachel offering to bring dry goods etc from the wonderful shop across the street from her place.
These are especially appreciated as a couple of other potential personal shoppers are no longer able to assist, and though Julie is collecting a clicked order from Tesco next Friday, after that there are no slots to be had.

I've not had any other drivers offer to transport me via the coast road yet, so I give thanks for the beauty of the inland route along which the moor tops can sometimes be glimpsed, along with the river and estuary. For the abundance of hawthorn blossom this year.

For the silly but funny Blades of Glory making me laugh out loud last night, and being able to recommend it to Jan who was in need of some humour too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics