Sunday 19 April 2020

Alternative

I give thanks for tasty homemade chocolate nut cookies, free from...wait for it...both chocolate and nuts! For thinking to experiment with toasted barley flakes, artificial flavouring and brown food colouring and not only thinking but doing it too...

For being able to spot, despite myopia, an interesting shape on the water and after fetching my spectacles discovering it was the boat arriving to collect some wall building kit from the sea shore. I'm not sure if it's due to spending my early childhood on a small island but it gives me great pleasure watching water craft arrive. For living somewhere where I didn't have to break lockdown rules for his!

For equally legitimately being able to get some shopping for Mima for a change by adding a couple of items she'd not been able to find locally to my recent Tesco order. I wouldn't have imagined in my house/hospital bound state I'd be able to do anything useful for anyone else so it was a real boost to my none too bouncy morale to be able to help. For her bringing fresh flowers and lettuce from the greengrocers in exchange...plus my finally released prescription.

For staying awake for some of the guided meditation session. The facilitator, bless her heart, was extolling the virtues of bare feet on the ground which I agree is wonderfully energising but a tad difficult to arrange right now! I give thanks for a blissful memory of walking barefoot through dewy grass on a Welsh hillside whilst picking sweet bilberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics