Thursday 18 November 2021

Passable

I give thanks for the sound of waves breaking...with the screen you get on BBC1 HD when they can't bring you the local news programme! For the sounds of the waves breaking on the beach at the next town along the coast on my way to get my eyes tested. The sea was calm but I'm still feeling rough so it was a challenge to get myself there and I ought to give thanks for how very difficult it has become to see through my specs (and get an appointment!) or I'd have postponed and stayed at home. For the fresh air, change of scene and distractions (by means of other discomforts as well as social interaction) from the various discomforts I already had. 

I give thanks for the very thorough testing which took a very long time...so I'm also grateful I'd cancelled meeting Julie afterwards as I didn't feel up to the pleasures we had planned Even more so for the part where the optician thought I might need to get some treatment at hospital before getting new glasses turning out to be a false alarm! For finding two pairs of passable frames...and the price with promotional voucher plus NHS voucher being most acceptable indeed. 

I give thanks for doing pretty much nothing since arriving back home, passing my time mostly curled up on the sofa sometimes awake, sometimes asleep and sometimes trying to eat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics