Tuesday 16 November 2021

Subjective

Caught myself feeling I'd underachieved today as I finally rose from an extended flop on the sofa earlier this evening. I give thanks for remembering there was a considerable part of the morning I'd actually thought I'd not make it out of bed. It's all relative and subjective isn't it...and there's no need to subject myself to unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. 

I give thanks when I did finally get upright again a lot of the sky was pink! For making it to the outside world briefly this afternoon to pick up meds, milk and a big choux bun for the much needed calories. I've only managed half so far but the other half will keep til tomorrow in the fridge, along with the remains of a delicious red lentil and pepper soup I made. For managing some of that and other mini meals. 

For the remote control and all our viewing choices. For second hand paperback books you don't have to worry about splashing in the bath. For hot water on tap (well via the immersion heater) and the cuddly comfort of a hot water bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics