Monday 22 November 2021

Extravagant

I give thanks for a good sleep, always the best way for a day to start is waking up from one of those. For realising not long after I did that the dream about having to get up early was just that. For seeming quite well for a while and bustling about with some chores before a morning bath as I often fall asleep before an evening one on a dialysis day...and it was a tad chilly for a shower. For having the choice - what an extravagant first world treat! 

For attempting to sort out the logistics of a renal related appointment scheduled in the middle of dialysis next week...and trying not to fret too much about the possibility of it leading to surgery. 

Meanwhile I was grateful to the nurse who put me on the machine for sending a sample of blood off to be tested for infection markers as my temperature was a little high and I continue to feel rather rubbish (we do a Covid test every Monday anyway). For eyes glued to a download on my tablet during a pesky test in prep for the aforementioned meeting with the surgeon and then drifting off to some meditation music...before a knock on my side room door brought me back to the reality that my lovely renal consultant had me earmarked to talk to some medical students via Teams. 

For interesting conversation with my taxi driver keeping me awake  on the way home, and for being home at last and not needing to try to much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics