Saturday 20 November 2021

Centred

I give thanks I worked in a call centre for a while - it means I can bond with customer service advisors when I finally get to speak to them. It also means I know that complaining about how long you've been on hold is one reason you've been on hold so long because so many callers squander extend their talk time moaning about that. The reason I needed to spend ninety minutes of my limited life waiting to get through to someone tonight is that I found a loophole in a train company ticketing policy, but not how to access it and I was very grateful a charming and efficient young man eventually talked me through how this could be done on line so I don't have to go on a quest to find a manned station on a winter Sunday. 

I give thanks for allowing myself to have the restful day I required - it wasn't hard, I've been very tired and wan. For also allowing myself a couple of short stints with some grout as I so wanted to see how some almost finished projects would look and creativity is recuperative in a different way. For not quite burning some soup I made and for managing to eat a little bit. For the simple comfort of hot water or a hot water bottle on one's sore bits. I might invest in one of those long ones one of these days to rest all the way down my back.

I give thanks for discovering via Masterchef: the Professionals that there are folk who employ more than one to cook for different members of their families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics