Thursday 4 November 2021

Weary

I give thanks for a beautiful blue sky day. For deciding, despite being weary and weary of the world, that staying in bed or simply moving to the sofa would be a waste of it, and taking a scenic rural train ride instead. I was even more weary during, and fell so fast asleep when I got back that I couldn't figure out where I was in the week when I awoke, but for a while gazing out at the glorious countryside streaming past the window the world didn't seem so bad. It probably helped that there are few signs of 'civilisation' on the route (except rich folks' rather enviable homes) and that the train was on the empty side.

No one promised me a rose garden but I give thanks I had some lunch in one...well, more of a rose yard really but there were still a few blooms to enjoy, and for the woman serving at the counter kindly carrying my tray outside as I'd never have managed that and the door. I'd read the online menu and there were a couple of items I decided I'd be able to consume without scattering cutlery around or choking...and I gave thanks for finding something else (an allegedly Thai spiced vegan pasty) when they turned out not to be on the irl one. I was grateful the ingredients were listed or I'd never have been able to tell what on earth I was eating!

I give thanks for seeing another station cafe still open along the way and for plans to stop there another time and maybe walk in some of the wonderful woods nearby. It's good to have plans...as long as you're not too attached to them working out the way you imagine. I give thanks for being back on the sofa and on the way to a bath... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics