Friday 12 November 2021

Drawing

I give thanks for good small screen entertainment now the evenings are drawing in and the nights are long and dark. For remembering something on my to watch list a little earlier and being well into the first episode before I remembered I was only supposed to be checking it out not getting drawn in before I'd written my blog and checked out my Tesco order...

I give thanks for Michelle's very efficient cleaning and my own contribution which was slightly improving the transparency of the kitchen window. Unfortunately the steroids have made my skin so delicate that pressure of my arm on the window frame made the bruises I acquired cleaning the bedroom one a few days ago into open wounds...I give thanks for having some spare dressings to hand. For still having my old sink as I had to stand in it to reach. For also going to the shops twice before going to the hospital as I had to go back for something I couldn't carry with everything else - quite a busy morning for me!

I give thanks for buying a birthday gift for a friend, plus some mini pots of custard for my taxi driver after he said he loved sponge puddings but it wasn't worth opening a normal size can or packet just for himself. He'd apparently never heard of these perfect provisions for the solitary custard lover and I thought he might have trouble finding them in the supermarket if he'd never noticed them before. I was grateful he was grateful...and while I was having treatment he went to Waitrose to buy some individual sticky toffee puddings. I was very grateful he gave me one of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics