Saturday 13 November 2021

Daily

I give thanks for the day. Each one is a gift, even the ones that are not what you'd have chosen. For trying to make good choices about how I spent my time...and money, as I spent some of my time buying gifts! And as the day started earlier than I would have chosen I give thanks for getting up and starting making something nice for my tea. 

For a gift I bought myself - a long string of LED stars to hang on my big bookcase and brighten up these long dark nights. For them having a plug not a battery compartment.

I give thanks for public transport. For supermarket deliveries. For the bits when I felt well. 

I give thanks that people are loved. From my window I see so many couples holding hands and try to imagine what it's like to have somebody who's there and cares. For reminding myself it's a blessing imagining is the best I can do as there'll be no one too bereft when I'm gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics