Tuesday 23 November 2021

Weird

Having given myself permission to do nothing today I was grateful for even the smallest signs of functionality amidst the lying still. I felt so feeble it overrode my disappointment at not being able to take the trip I'd planned and hours of bed and sofa rest was no effort at all. 

For eventually getting washed and dressed enough to pass for properly washed and dressed with a coat and hat on top. It crossed my mind if it had been milder I might have  gone out in pj's and a dressing gown as slobs and celebrities do, but I give thanks for deciding even then I wouldn't. I give thanks for collecting some pills I was running out of, and for these being supplied to me for free. For the ease of finding an empty bench to rest my weariness on my way back from the pharmacy. For the reflections in the brook water and the soothing sound of the weir. 

I give thanks for the moment when I close a book before emerging from my bath and realise for its duration my body has been free of pain and my mind of worries and woes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics