Friday 19 November 2021

Unnamed

Our regular unit tea maker is in her home country to be with her poorly dad and patients have had to endure the grim offerings of some untrained replacements in her absence. We are grateful in principal of course but it's the highlight of our incarceration and drinkable is rather welcome too! 

I gave thanks for seeing a familiar face above a housekeeping uniform when I came through the door. I don't know the lady's name but she serves a good cuppa - so I was disappointed when another new chap brought the trolley round instead and served another stewed and tepid beverage. Luckily the one I'd hoped was on drinks duty was soon after on some cleaning task in my room and when I told her how I'd been anticipating one of her good cuppas she volunteered to make me one. Flattery gets you somewhere sometimes! 

I was grateful and so was Peggy who was putting me on the machine before her lunch break and would have done the deed and been delayed if not. For chatting with her - always a joy - and likewise Charlotte, then Peter the taxi driver on the way home as he's been otherwise engaged on family matters a couple of times lately not been able to drive me to and fro. 

I give thanks for not feeling quite so unwell today though I've ached more than has been easy to deal with. For Paracetamol beginning to kick in and the kettle on for a hot water bottle when I can next face moving again 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics