Thursday 11 November 2021

Delightful

Not at my best today but I've been thankful for achieving what seemed to me to be the most important goals including finishing rearranging the corner where the new lamp stands, and curling up on the sofa with a hot water bottle and quilt for an afternoon snooze! The first of these tasks required going up and down the small steps a few times to reach the upper bookcase shelves and get my guitar and mandolin down for a polish and slight change of position so I was grateful my knees hurt less than yesterday...

I was also grateful, and astonished, that when I tried to play my guitar I made a better job of it than I have for many a year. Since my strokes I've joked I can play anything you like as long it's in C...but this time my left hand managed D and A and E as well! As my right can still twiddle the strings adequately enough this kept me entertained for quite a while and felt reassuringly like 'being me' - a rare treat for folk whose way of life has been changed by ill health. 

I give thanks my eyes have been working better this evening and I've been able to see what's on the TV. My poor old squashed throat has been a right pain in the...well... neck though, which is funny in a punny way. I give thanks for my warped sense of humour and little bits of things to eat. For the moonlight on the sea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics