Thursday 19 November 2020

Blocked

My goodness what a beautiful day it's been! I give thanks for brightness stretching out the short hours of daylight and the light on the sea, especially just after dawn and after the sun had set. For having a bit of a walk, though tired and achy, and for a lovely nap on my return. For the sight of all the other folk out enjoying the weather, Wavewalker, the wall work, and even, for some hardy swimmers, the water... from as much of a distance as possible whilst still being in the same grid reference! For finding a place to view the Lego reminiscent blocks they're using to build by the station after seeing a picture on Facebook and having my interest piqued.

I give thanks for receiving confirmation of my new surgery date and time, and managing to change that as, much as I don't want to have to be there first thing (probably before dawn!) it's preferable to having to stay in overnight afterwards (always - but particularly nowadays!) and I was scheduled for the afternoon list. I give thanks I've been given a new date again on the understanding that it may be cancelled too as they are short of surgeons at the mo, and for being prepared to resist any more admin foolishness they might come up with such having to cross to a different site for dialysis afterwards as I'll have had an arm block and not be physically able to get dressed...

I give thanks for a relaxing Yoga Nidra session to sooth my spirit, for Michelle agreeing to pick up some essential oils to try to sooth my skin problems on her way to clean tomorrow as the steroid cream I was given doesn't seem to be helping at all. For being hopeful something hastily hurled together in the kitchen just now will turn out edible if not enticing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics