Wednesday 18 November 2020

Lit

I was grateful the coloured lights strung across the upper brook were lit last night - they look so pretty reflected on the water. Off again now, perhaps due to the wild wind this morning or someone complaining it might encourage visitors or locals going outdoors unnecessarily. This was the reason I was given when I suggested they were turned on last lockdown to cheer us up, but we're not talking Blackpool illuminations here - not worth the trip if you are wondering! Never mind, we still have the stunning crescent moon.

I give thanks for a scenic almost empty bus ride into the city today. For a pair of soaring swans flying over as we waited in a traffic jam. For understanding the slow start to my treatment was due to a member of staff trying an idea to make it easier, despite the fact she failed. Also that the new Covid protocol is designed with the idea of keeping the county's kidney patients and nurses physically safe, and any potential psychological detriment has to be left out of the equation. Their plans are worrying me far more than the risk of infection is however...

I give thanks for my flat to come home to...and, for now at least, my friendly taxi man to drive me. For my Quorn mince dinner being nearly ready - it seems to have been a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics