Thursday 26 November 2020

Ruffled

Wow another beautiful winter's day! I give thanks for being able to appreciate some of the scenic sights of it, particularly on an unscheduled train journey into the city to have my skin inspected after phone triage. The fine mist made the golden countryside and silver of the almost empty estuary even more spectacular. I give thanks for the optimism with which I set out... and for my patience when most of the day was spent waiting with no conclusions reached. The bit with the private room with a comfy chair was my favourite - I even had tea and toast made for me! I was even more grateful when my visit was finally concluded though, and for the pretty ride home with water coloured skies turning to sunset marble reflected in the high tide and a rather ruffled looking heron waiting for a cold fish supper! I give thanks for living in such an eye candy county...

I give thanks for being polite and understanding when I got home to discover next week's op is cancelled...and merely shaking my head in disbelief when, after popping to the Co op for post Pembro wiped out weekend supplies, there was another message saying they were making a new list and the surgery might be back on after all, but they wouldn't be able to confirm until Monday. For some leftovers to heat up for my own early tea and for some old QIs to cheer me up with fascinating facts and quick fire humour. There were so many things I planned to do today but methinks some flopping on the sofa might be most of happens now for the rest of the day. I give thanks that none of it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics