Friday 20 November 2020

Pumped

Well, there's one thing we can be certain of right now, and that's uncertainty! I give thanks for the heads up on Wednesday that we must be prepared for sudden treatment changes and that today's - dialysis in one of the bays, not a side room - was preferable to a different unit despite the sights and sounds that assailed me! 

For glimpses of sky and tree before darkness fell, and for a cheery if somewhat distracted nurse. For my rather limp fistula limping along! For Insight Timer and Netflix to distract me from that which I needed distraction from - I've some favourite meditations on the former and have just started watching Connections on the latter which I can highly recommend if you're into contemporary applications of science...and possibly not Tinder! For shots of the  stunningly ornate Abbey Mills sewage pumping station.

I give thanks for being home for the weekend. For dinner mostly already made. Just need to wait for my hand to unlock to heat it up and convey forkfuls to my mouth. Typing is not helping - I give thanks my blog is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics