Monday 2 November 2020

Stimulating

I give thanks for making a huge array of picnic food for today...time to eat it proved problematic to begin with though as I spent over an hour at appointment one waiting for a doctor who was too busy to see me, and then had to dash to the furthest side of the building to hang around in a different place for appointment two. You'll have to come back after,  said the nurse on duty who is of the 'you're lucky we're bothering with you at all' variety so I give thanks one of her kinder minions made me a mug of tea! For a good book to distract me from the misery making radio and TV they force on you in oncological areas... And for eventually leaving the building with a tube of steroid cream, a plan for surgery and an opportunity to munch a very late lunch in Clive's car on the way to check out worktops for the kitchen I'll one day have. 

I give thanks for another cup of tea arriving just now on the kidney unit, after an offer to have it freshly made as I'm at the end of the trolley round and it's often cold and stewed. It's later than I'd usually partake of stimulants but it might help me keep going until I'm finally home. For somehow slowly with my damaged left hand tapping my way through these words... Plus all the gobbledegook I tapped before most of them! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics