Wednesday 4 November 2020

Prêt

What a beautiful day to get ready for lockdown! I give thanks the train was even less busy than it usually is these days and the views exceedingly scenic. Like many other people I had a few things I wanted to get in the city but the hot take away lunch I fancied was off the menu as the queues to just get in the eatery were a long way down the street, however I was already munching a freshly made crêpe by then so didn't care. Just as I approached the spot where the vendor sometimes has his trailer my pancake Pavlovian juices began to flow so I was delighted he was frying today! Poundland andother shops that will be shutting were a no go areas but Greggs and Waitrose were preternaturally quiet, presumably due to their essential nature so there's four weeks for folk to raid their shelves. I give thanks for being in and out with a vegan sausage roll from the first and then a pot of growing chives in record time!

I give thanks for a trouble free dialysis session, and the friendly local taxi man being ready to pick me up when I emerged. For in between discovering the excessively unresolved final part of a series I was watching on Netflix was just the final part of the first season, and there's plenty more story to come - though of course no guarantee of no cliffhanger endings to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics