Monday 18 October 2021

Foul

Last night the weather report for today was foul so I'm grateful when I went out this morning there was just a little drizzle and breeze. 

For a long line of geese on the bank of the brook all with with their heads tucked under a wing, and for four little ducklings preening themselves under the warming bulb in the  aviary.

For a day of such smooth efficiency on the unit - and nothing untoward occurring to break the spell - that patients were whisked in and out with unprecedented speed and staff were able to catch up with all sorts of other tasks as well. It made for such a pleasant atmosphere!

For the mist coming down from the higher ground and stormy glowering clouds in unhealthy shades this evening, but avoiding getting wet again though apparently it was raining most of the afternoon. 

For leftovers from my packed lunch to have to take my meds, and for supper ready cooked and ready to be heated up when I am ready myself. For being able to curl up in the meantime with a blanket and my aches and pains and weariness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics