Wednesday 13 October 2021

Birdlike

I like birds so I've been grateful today to see several kinds, some of which I can actually (more or less) name. There were geese and wading birds in the wetlands, where we went on a shallow bottomed boat ride. For the smaller ones seeming to walk on the water, greedy egrets gobbling multiple mouthfuls of something small and ill fated as they trotted along and small birds of prey hovering over the grasses looking for their next meal. For the very attractive accent and steering skills of the boatman at low tide, and the views from the castle which was our destination. 

I give thanks for Pam and Mima having been to, and enjoyed, a cafe before I arrived so we went there again and had a delicious lunch
...and later... yummy Dorset apple cake and clotted cream. For spotting a group of starlings gathering in the sky around us, I thought, for a little murmuration practice. What they were really doing however was getting ready to help clear the tables. How much prettier and daintier than a seagull invasion! I even got one to take some cake from my hand which is wrong for many reasons I know but which felt magical nonetheless. For finding a sweetly fragranced lupin like plant growing on the cliffs, and remembering the scented bush (viburnum?) I came across yesterday. 

For Lynn feeling better today... Hang in there girl, I'd love to see you one more time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics