Thursday 31 May 2012

Bag lady

Well here it is. Nothing to get over excited about but very pleasing for me to come up with a quick project to improve my quality of life (no more struggling to keep old carrier bags in the kitchen drawer - or get one out when required... plus more room in the drawer!) by using what I had to hand including a blank area on the wall. The hook was bought years ago for something else and never used, the fabric, thread and light green tape left over from making a table cloth last year, the brown from making the curtains and the bright green was part of the packaging of the throw Bob bought me at Christmas.




So great to use up things I've kept because they 'might come in handy one day'. Just shows I'm not a hoarder...well except of carrier bags, ha ha! But they do tend to come in handy too...



I give thanks for finally getting myself up and dressed and ready for the off...it was quite a challenge today. I give thanks to Sarah the stoma nurse for sending me some things like c-shaped plasters to try for extra security...and tried one. Nonetheless, I express deep gratitude for changing my mind at the fourteenth hour and choosing to wear black linen mix trousers as, whilst waiting at the at the PO counter to collect some packages, I had the kind of wardrobe malfunction that makes you very glad you chose dark and absorbant lower garments. I was very grateful I was on the way to acupuncture where I could use a clean light loo to shut the stable door and for Rachel being there to listen and spray me with Oust afterwards, and give me tissues for my eyes that were leaking by this time too.

I give thanks for the nice lady (me of course!) who plied me with tea and biscuits when I got home. I opened all my favourites, not just one sort to finish before you start another. I promised myself a long weekend of all the safe indoors comfort and treats I could think of and gave thanks I had no places to go and people to meet planned anyway. I had years of cancer destroying my bladder muscles and self esteem and I kind of thought I'd be home and dry in that department after having it all removed. I may not be very talkative for the next couple of days, I'm going to be busy fixing my eyes...I give up on the other bit for now.

1 comment:

  1. Love the bag.....and so thriftily made!
    Hope that yu get your eyes and other bits sorted.
    Don't leave it too long, I love to read your blog.
    Hugs.
    Take care Carol

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics