Friday 4 May 2012

May the fourth and all that...

May your lightsabers of...well, lightness, I suppose...be brandished in the cause of peacemaking and tolerance in your hearts and beyond. And may I talk a lot less drivel you may be thinking... in which case you're not as tolerant as you might be!

I give thanks first of all great acupuncture treatment...much gratitude to Rachel! She also made me a cup of tea when I arrived which is not traditionally correct practice but therapeutically very welcome, so gratitude for that too...

I thanks also for my delicious dinner of that cauliflower cheese served with mini jacket potatoes and sauted red onion and tomatoes and wilted spinach. Dessert was rhubarb stewed in dark muscovado with Ben & Jerry's maple syrup and caramelised pecan ice cream. Not restaurant food but if I hadn't paid for it already I would have, if you see what I mean...

Slightly gobsmacked gratitude too for the CityLink call centre operative I spoke to yesterday doing what she said she would, and then the driver doing what I'd asked her to ask him to do ie. phone when he was here so I could come and collect the package. My experience with random courier deliveries hasn't always been entirely unfraught so I'm particularly delighted to have a happy experience of this nature to share. It was only an item of the 'surgical appliance' variety but I was even less keen to chase one of those round the county than if it had been some treat or gift.

Thankfulness as well for all the caffeine free hot drinks there are available to enjoy between 'brewing up'...Caro, Rooibisch are my favourites tho the fruit and herb ones make a refreshing change. I know they might not be everyone's...ooh er...if I'm not careful this sentence will descend into a bad pun? Ha ha!

May the fourth be with you one and all...and only the sort with truncheons if that's actually your sort of thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics