Wednesday 23 May 2012

Buoys and gulls

I give thanks for the glorious weather and for getting down to the gardens to enjoy it for half an hour or so yesterday afternoon - a perfectly timed interlude between the operation of some noisy but unseen machinery and the arrival of some other residents to drink beer. The grass was due for a cut but I love it like that, green and springy and a forest for little buggy things to wander through. I also enjoyed seeing a seagull nesting on the apex of a nearby roof. I KNOW what a nuisance they are and understand what the spikes are for on the many of the buildings round here but seeing one sitting on a rather precarious looking wreath of twigs reminded me that they are actually wildlife! Sometimes the local ones supplement their diet of chips and ice cream with shellfish they hurl on hard surfaces to break open and you get a similar curious sensation that they are actually creatures of the sea shore!

I was still not ready to bare a lot of flesh in the outside world but managed a sleeveless top and skirt without causing any road accidents by white skin dazzlement. Maybe a strappy one and shorts if the weather continues and my vigour returns. I decided to start sorting out the cupboard under the stairs and just when everything was strewn around decided I hadn't the strength to put it back! So that was dragging on for the rest of the day...literally! It's an intricate 3D jigsaw with some hefty pieces that can be arranged in several ways but which I aim to feel is better arranged each time I do it... Heavens what a lot of muscles are involved in the process!

Digging out my summery clothes and putting away the thickest woolies, it was the first time in years I've not thought it would probably be someone else who unpacks them, though who knows eh? I've not replaced many things that that have become shabby or grown out of and where shoes are concerned have been wearing them away to nothing. So yesterday I looked in the 'posh' shoe shop in town and they had a sale with a pair of light green leather granny-goes-roman ones in my size reduced from £58 to £45. If you think that's extravagant I then went down the road to the cheapy shop and bought some pumps for £2.99 so that evens it out! Great gratitude for being able to find just what I wanted just where I wanted to shop! They both came from the 'ladies' section which is unusual for me as I quite often get footwear from children's ranges, not because I have exceptionally dainty feet but because I'm a cheapskate who can't be doing with heels!

I can't take credit for the title of this post...it was on a collage type picture on a card in a local shop. I sent it to someone for their birthday and do you know they never said thank you? How shocking is that...I hope they are blushing with shame as they read this. Much love to friends who are not as well as they hoped to be...especially to Tony. May you be up to having the French windows open today... and to Carol, may you find a whole load more lovely things to do and the strength to enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    Love the thought of your 'skin dazzling' the locals!!!!!
    Take it easy and don't try to do too much in one go.pace yourself. Glad to hear that the 'buggy things' and other wild life is thriving!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thought of your skin dazzling the locals. Take it easy and don't do too much in one go! Pace yourself.
    Glad to hear the the 'buggy things' and other wild life is thriving!
    I ave a few good things lined up....London Theatre, canal boat trip....just need to finalise...I am lucky, still feeling able to do some stuff.
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics