Saturday 5 May 2012

True colours

Good morning! Check me out posting before the sun is over the yardarm! I thought I'd share some natural wonders with you today. I derive a particular joy in things that hard headed reason tells us cannot be real, 'lost' tribes, 'new' species, irrational theories that turn out to be true. They make me grateful, they make me giggle with delight! So I start with this gorgeous toad...not two words that often go together maybe but seriously, Faberge could not have done better! http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14151541
And if the way it looked wasn't amazing enough then the fact that it's been seen again after going missing for almost a century just tops it off...

Then there's what this caterpillar does to ward off predators...no not garish colours, or spines or tastes or smells... http://www.thenighttour.com/alien2/hemeroplanes.htm

And how about this...I thought from the first pictures that it just looked like a hybrid...but no, it really is an animal that does what plants do...kind of the opposite to a triffid, but non-fiction too!
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2012/04/impossible-plant-animal-hybrid.html

Anyway...I'm getting sucked into my laptop screen and I want to have some real life...or what passes for it nowadays... so maybe talk to you later. Yes I know I haven't actually listed five things I'm grateful for but, I assure you, I have gone 'wow' at least five times in collecting these gems and if I write any more now I'll go 'ow' which is not the same thing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics