Sunday 27 May 2012

Open season

'Tis the season to be...well, to be floppy it seems! Fell asleep before CSI last night and during this afternoon's Grand Prix and haven't been what you'd call exceptionally active in between, nor feeling exceptionally well. Fingers crossed the intravenous iron sorts that out at least to some degree eh? I give thanks that I have an appointment booked for this and managed to change it to Exeter from the 'local' satellite renal unit which is so new it's not on any maps...nor, apparently, bus routes...doesn't even have directions on it's own section of the trust site. I'm grateful I haven't got a car and a sat nav and the possibly misplaced confidence I'd find it on the day!

I give thanks for the start of the terrestrial TV tennis season. The French Open is on ITV and I wasn't sure how that would work, but they have 'mini breaks' (appropriately enough) just an ad or two long mostly during changes of ends so no complaints here though if you're someone who likes watching changes of shirts you might be disappointed!

Gratitude, of course, for a cloudier, slightly cooler, damper day so I don't feel I'm missing out on summer. And that though the guardian angel I mentioned yesterday obviously dozed off during the night, they gave me a wake up shake up before they did so that I was awake when I turned over and disconnected my tube and I could effect hasty repairs... and not have to do laundry til morning. Gratitude too that I got my sewing machine out and threaded up and have actually cut four pieces of scrap fabric and sewn them together to make two! This is the start of a bag to hang on one of the new hooks and hold old carrier bags. Little things eh? Actually it's quite a big thing for me. There are a few iconic objects of the 'old me' that are effectively useless now and can, on a bad day, make me feel a tad so too. I've hung up my walking boots and my guitar (literally!) and given away the beads I can't turn into anything but beads on the floor nowadays...so even a simple sewing project, like a knitting or crochet one, soothes my soul especially if it pleases my eyes when completed though it's the doing that does it as well as the done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics