Sunday 20 May 2012

Cutting corners

Well I solved the dinner question by consulting the woman in the ministry of bright ideas...the one with the curly hair, you know! She worked out that as I had made enough quorn mince for two meals I could do the mashed potato topping for the next serving. And she also reminded me I had pre made crumble mix in the cupboard which, with the addition of a few almond flakes went very nicely on top of the rhubarb. Top tip if you've got them...put some Lexia or other extra large raisins in with your stewed rhubarb. The natural fruit sugars leak out and make it extra yummy! I was very grateful for my tea! And relieved to find out Lynn does unusual things with scissors too...great for pizza folks!

When I heard the Olympic torch was being carried over the river here I had a yen to go and watch but finally twigged that thousands of other people will be doing the same thing, especially as all manner of entertainment has been laid on nearby. Even if a magic chauffeur arrived to take me to a vantage point I can't think of any where you wouldn't just get a view of the crowds so I'll wait for the local news. You can pause and rewind it on that as well. I'm grateful for the miracles of not especially modern technology... and give thanks that the weather has turned out pleasant for those who will actually be out and about in it.

I give thanks that I've been up for a couple of hours getting on with a backlog of paper work, recycling sorting, emails and ironing and am looking forward of more of the same after some lunch...Nah, I'm kidding you, I'm looking forward to those chores being done (for now) A woman's work and all that...

I'm delighted I've finished the first sleeve of my cardigan and have started on the second. Really am looking forward to more of the same with that! I altered the shaping somewhat so I hope I can remember what I did and make a second one to match... I've also finished the scarf I started knitting on my North Cornwall trip earlier this year. That's for a charity sale but chilly though it's been it's not really seasonable so there's plenty of time for me to work out how I want to trim the hems...some sort of bobbly fringe I'm thinking...

I'm grateful that in imagination we can go wherever we choose, and if I could choose I'd be in a secluded sheltered country garden, reading a book while someone else makes lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    Torch was in Falmouth yesterday having arrived at RNAS Culdrose in Helston on Friday, weather was good, but but like you steered clear of the crowds Daughter arrived with both Grandchildren and eventually left @ 1:30am! Yawn . . . Suppose too heavy for you to have considered I guess Angel, but I hate doing sleeves, so usually have both on the same needles; stops me having one slightly longer than the other, and a gratitude for both being out of the way at the same time. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Pat. I've not tried that but I don't mind sleeves and it's easy to count the patterns in this stitch. Back will be heavier but even though I don't go to the gym I think I'm up to the task!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics