Wednesday 9 May 2012

Creation

Can't remember the last time I had my hands on a knitting pattern...I think it might have been when I did some machine ones for a magazine coming up twenty years ago which doesn't really count! I picked something easy, not knowing how my hands would hold out. There's no button bands and the pattern's just a variegated rib with some k2tog and psso holes in the wider columns. If you're a knitter you'll agree, very basic, if not it's all magic to you anyway! What I'd meant to do was something even easier but I couldn't find the kind of yarn I wanted on line...This one is a very comfortable and economical cotton acrylic mix in a natural colour and I bought a bit extra so I could incorporate a little frill on the bottom of the sleeves to match the one the design has on the body. I'm going to start with the sleeves and then if I find it too tiring I can come up with a plan B for the rest...

I'm hoping it will be easier to access my big embroidery stand to do a bit more Tree of Life soon...everything got piled into the cupboard under the stairs when the living room was decorated and not everything came back out before another lot went in for the bedroom to be done. It would be great to have it finished and hanging on the wall, especially now the patch of wall it's meant to hang on is stained from the leak. On the other hand it would be nice to have it hanging on a redecorated wall...perhaps they'll end up finished at the same time...

So...gratitudes... I'm grateful for watching an episode of Come Dine with Me last night where one of the contestants had a pet rabbit living free in her house which just goes to show that Pat and I weren't talking poo!

I'm grateful it's been so chilly at night as I was wondering how to get my winter duvet under the bed where it lives in the summer (especially as the bed still has some moving around to do before the decorating on there is done)

I'm grateful I've had an email from Peter who is picking me up from the hospital tomorrow but I wanted to hear confirm...

I'm also very thankful to see 'Hothead' Von back on the forum...in this line of work you do tend to fret if someone isn't seen for a while. I love her idea of creating with a collaborative poem and hope some others join in soon.



I give thanks that I got off my bum and took this picture of 'piering out to sea' yesterday as I thought it would be worth the effort if I did...





And I rather like this one too...shame about the grockles wandering into shot... and the pier come to that too! Sometimes I think I should get a 'proper' camera and photo editing software...sometimes I think I should just get over myself!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    On my phone so appologies if this comes out a jumbled mess!
    I'd love to able to knit but just can't seem to get my head round it, I can go round in a circle or backwards and forwards, same with crocheting ( I know I've spelled that wrong but I'm hoping you know what I mean )
    Good to hear your tree of life is 'coming to life again' maybe, oh,and is 'grockles' a southern term? Only I've never heard it before

    Hope your hospital visit goes well.
    Take care Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics