Thursday 17 May 2012

Late bloomers

Gratitude to Helen today for picking me up from home and delivering me to the hospital for my post op appointment with the surgeon. Gratitude to the twist of shift pattern fate that meant she actually had to be travelling at about the same time as me! It's very kind of her nonetheless and a much more therapeutic way to travel, putting the world to rights together. Also thoughtful of her to bring me some books I might enjoy...

I give thanks that the delayed spring means there are still late lambs, primrose banks and bluebell woods to enjoy the sight of on journeys in the countryside...clematis and lilac in the towns. I give thanks for collecting what appear to be acceptable nether garments from M&S ordered on line, and yesterday evening trying on the retro styled cozzy I chose from the Very catalogue when surgery was planned, but which had been out of stock. More than acceptable...I might well have bought it even if I didn't have baggage to conceal!

I'm grateful for several pieces of promising medical news though they are tempered by hearing others are not doing so well...warm thoughts to sufferers and loved ones suffering too. I give thanks for the wonderful homey feeling when the train arrives at my little town after a few hours in the city. For the friendly banter in the shops and doctor's...though to be fair I had a bit of that in Lush and on a medical supplies customer care line just now too. Mmmm, all ready to be a hermit again for a while now...lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics