Friday 20 July 2018

The sound of silence

Early to bed and early to rise... Makes me want to curl up on the sofa and close my eyes! I give thanks I had some noisy things to do instead this afternoon - vacuuming and spinning something handwashed -  as a neighbour was playing their radio too loud for an afternoon snoozing.

I give thanks for being later back from town than I thought I'd be as I needed a cuppa after collecting library books and specs and a thumbs up from the dentist. When you have a car you can (if you've managed to park somewhere handy) gather things you've gathered inside but if you're on foot you have to lug your luggage everywhere and that can get a mite fatiguing. I give thanks for a lush takeway lunch of a broccoli and stilton bake followed by a strawberry tart...

I thanks for finding a piece of fabric in my stash just the right type and size for backing my sun moon hanging. It's still a long way from done but close enough to be thinking about it.

I give thanks for trying to do some more form filling, email and letter writing regarding moving. I didn't get very far as my brain is addled and my hands are tired but every little makes me feel maybe it might happen if I can just keep jumping through a few more hoops and avoid the pitfalls and tripwire!

I give thanks it's been really quiet now for a while...even the gulls and pigeons are silent and Mr Upstairs has just gone down them... My favourite sound of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics