Wednesday 18 July 2018

Day tripper

Yay! I'd thought I might need a duvet day today but I got as far as a dressing gown... I give thanks for no one around to give me a dressing down over lack of effort.

I give thanks my joints hurt a lot less than I thought they might but I had some bad cramps in my legs in the night so I was sorely tired and stumbling and staggering about this morning until the muscles stretched out and calmed down. I give thanks for sitting down with some knitting until after a few rows my hands went into spasm...and I give thanks for then giving up and having a little nap!

I've been longing for a bit of a holiday from household tasks (when you're single it's pretty much always your turn and when you're not well it's pretty much always hard work) so I give thanks since Rachel washed up after I cooked tea on Monday, I've not really done either chore. I give thanks I have lots of mugs and plates and for lots of tea and toast...plus a mixed plate of heated up assorted leftovers for lunch.

I give thanks for reading local councils are going to let more verges grow for the wildflowers and the bees. I hope they stop weedkilling the inner edge of pavements too -  I love the poppies that spring up there and they could spend the money on something better. I give thanks I'm wise enough to know they probably won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics