Monday 23 July 2018

Then he kissed me

I give thanks for all the folk I know getting married lately. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in a permanent and pretty much perfect relationship but it looks from the outside well worth a wonderful celebration! I give thanks for all the folk I know who have loving families and life long friends to share the experience with as well...there again, not territory I am familiar with but I get the impression it would be rather special too.

I give thanks for all my years of optimism regarding finding my prince...and lessons learned encountering various forms of pond life along the way. For finally understanding in almost old age why my own family sent me away as a child...I really am close to unbearable for more than a few hours at a time!

I give thanks for the pretty pearl blue of the sea last night...for Phil Spector's Wall of Sound.  And for shedding tears of laughter with someone in a call centre over a slip of the tongue. Lovable might be beyond me but I love that I can still do funny now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics