Thursday 5 July 2018

Walking on sunshine

I was grateful I got my second wind yesterday evening could give my bedroom a bit of a sort out and clean (even behind the big chest of drawers - ouch!) but even more so for making myself a tangy Bramley Eve's pudding for supper! Haven't done that for ages...

I give thanks for sleeping late and eventually surfacing to cast a wary eye out onto the flat roof where a not quite fledged sea gull chick has been whimpering for a couple of days. This morning it was sleeping, with an adult bird sleeping close by.

I give thanks the sun is back out and I can wear my favourite dress - the Uniqlo Liberty one my dear GP would write us both a prescription for if she could. I give even more thanks for finding the rarity of another in my size on ebay just now and putting in an accepted offer. I love the prints but it's also a particularly useful style when my hands are sore as it has a built in bra in the top and the hem is long enough to disguise unshaven legs...sorry, that's probably more than you wanted to know!

My right arm has been very sore from working on the sun end of my sun/moon hanging thingy but my ankle has felt better and I've been informed the joint looks fine on an x-ray and it's soft tissue or ligaments at fault. I've declined physio 'to increase movement' as moving it's not the problem, it's the swelling and discomfort when I do. I give thanks for doing the slalom shuffle between out of schoolwork teenagers, getting a few groceries and breaking my renal diet for a broccoli and stilton bake and a takeaway tea by the sea to take the weight very pleasantly off both feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics