Tuesday 10 July 2018

Feed the birds

I gave thanks my upstairs neighbour didn't come home until it was time to put my earplugs in for the night yesterday. ..and that this was quite late in the evening as, despite an uncomfortably swollen ankle and nasty attacks of cramp in hands and feet I still felt quite perky and was pottering around doing some more sorting out in case moving gets sorted out any time soon. Meanwhile the squatters on the flat roof continue to make a heck of a racket but I have a drudging affection for their resilience and adaptability despite the awkward turn of events. The youngster is gaining more feathers every day but I worry as he's already learned he can leave the nest and still be attended to that he'll be hanging round squeaking and squawking for quite some time to come.


Today I've been extremely short on both energy and enthusiasm so I give thanks even the slightest accomplishments feel like great achievements! I got out of bed - hurray! I made the bed - hurrah! I cleaned the loo - woohoo!

I give thanks for also booking a coach day trip next week, and purchasing a Travelzoo voucher for an afternoon tea with use of a spa not far away. For going through some more possessions, assessing them and assigning them to keep and discard piles. For a nice nap on the sofa while pretending to watch the tennis...

I give thanks lots of leftovers so I don't have many kitchen chores...and for a nectarine for afternoon tea. Fresh fruit, like so many other luscious stuff, is rationed on my diet but once in a while I just have to bury my face in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics