Saturday 21 July 2018

Street life

It's so much easier to be wise about other people's lives isn't it? I guess not least because we're all pretty rubbish at imagining what it really feels like to be anyone else than ourselves so our suggestions fall on deaf and probably ungrateful ears. Last night I was wishing I had someone to give me some good advice, so I gave thanks this morning when I realised the ideal person to ask for help was me! I also give thanks that I'm reading a book about how the brain works, so I could better understand why I'm finding some situations so problematic.

I give thanks for a Plan A for today that involved staying in bed until lunchtime, then slowly limbering up for a trip up the road on the bus to somewhere there was to be street food and music...somehow an unplanned Schedule B took place instead though - oh well, I give thanks there was no one but myself expecting any particular activity or outcome.

I give thanks for a long period of neighbourhood peacefulness in the middle of the day for 'quiet enjoyment' of my home. Heaven knows where everyone was, but even the jetskiers were silent! For my hands being relatively amenable to work so putting them to play instead moving on with the finishing off of my hanging. For finding some more plain fabric to back up the batik bits that will show.

I give thanks for a late tasty pasta lunch and then, as my ankle was already swollen and sore for forgoing going anywhere. Does mean I'll need to think of something for tea though.. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics