Tuesday 17 July 2018

Home on the range



There should have been a photo of an enormous kitchen range to accompany this post, but that one didn't come out so well so have a hydrangea from the nearby gardens instead! I give thanks we met a lady who was saying how good they were so we went to have a look...

I give thanks after yesterday's mega rest I felt up for a coach trip today. It's been some years since I've been on one and it was interesting to see the ifs and buts that put me off would be offset by the relative convenience of to and fro...and I have to say the jury is still out! I give thanks it turned out to be a passably pleasant way to spend the day though whether I would do it again would depend on how much I wanted to spend time at the destination relative to how long it took to get there and back. Today, including a stop off for a fish supper at Mima's and a lift up the hill afterwards I was out for eleven hours and that's quite a long time to take to visit a National Trust property I wasn't much bothered about either way, but there are so many things I'd like to do that I can't it seemed a fine idea to see if I would like to do something that I can. I give thanks for giving it a go...

I give thanks for the fish supper and the lift home, and for Mima to furrow brows with at others' conversations. For not getting rained on and for surviving the aircon chill of the coach. For seeing some fascinating well preserved/restored kitchens and preparation rooms, and cosy quarters of privileged staff. For the beautiful and remarkably youthful voices of some rather mature ladies from a local choir singing in the church. For a robin coming to share our lunch. For being back home with my very swollen foot up on the arm of the sofa and some leftover cake to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics