Wednesday 11 July 2018

It's a mystery

My new vacuum is called Enigma. Quite why is a mystery. Perhaps I'll know more when I get it out of the box but I've had some important shouting 'Come on Kevin!' at the television to do this afternoon instead. I don't mean it meanly to the multi champs but I do love it when apparent foregone conclusion matches aren't, and it's fascinating to see how uncomfortable they are with losing. Not enough practice I guess. It was nice to see Andy on court as well - in a smart suit on his way to commentate (ie bicker gently) with Tim...

I give thanks to Julie for driving me to the town to get the aforementioned neglected appliance, and to Spencer for carrying it from the shop and up the stairs from the car. I give thanks I had vegan cookies in the tin!

I give thanks for good dreams between waking early and waking again late. I didn't have time for much in the way of breakfast before we went out so I give thanks for making a proper late lunch after with salmon and broccoli crustless quiche (or omelette as we used to say!)

I give thanks the noisy gulls have gone from the flat roof outside my kitchen window...I don't know where and I was concerned there might be a little corpse on the doorstep but not by the time I emerged anyhow. The corvids were having a right old grumble at something for ages this morning and I wondered if there was an interloper (or predator) about but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I give thanks for Mr Tesco bringing me groceries. They are the groceries I chose before I thought I amended my order to what I felt was a more pressing selection ie. Quorn sausages instead of fino sherry. I give thanks I feel a trifle coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics