Friday 27 July 2018

The lonely goatherd

A few years ago I fell in love...with some towels from Habitat! They were too expensive for me and soon disappeared from Homebase anyway when it stopped carrying homewares, but I never forgot them and I gave a groan when I realised they were still available online.... This time I gave in, and succumbed to their charms. Sadly they were due to be delivered between 7.30 am and 9.00 pm today by the courier company run by goatherds, so you will just have to imagine their lush stripy loveliness as of course I only have a 'sorry you were out' card!

I give thanks I may have worked out why drivers go from 9 drops to go to gone down the road so quickly ie. maybe that there are several packages going to one place.  I also give thanks for still believing one day I may live somewhere with a doorbell and less stairs so if someone rings it I can respond (if I want to!)

I give thanks for taking it easy today. My back is complaining about packing and my tummy not happy about ancient things dug out from the back of the fridge for tea so I've been mostly lazing around watching late night TV in the day. I give thanks for recording facilities...and for soothing chamomile tea. I give thanks for a little light craftwork too, a few rows of Rachel's complicated intarsia jumper and a few seams of the edgings for my sun moon hanging. I even found some silver sequins for the stars...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics