Thursday 19 July 2018

Keep young and beautiful

It's your duty to try to be beautiful...on the inside of course, from where you see the beauty inside other people! I give thanks for this video with a few reminders of the diversity of packages beauty comes in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-44872098/trafalgar-square-catwalk-for-body-positivity

I give thanks for knowing I need practice at seeing the good in others. We are all of us a mixed bag, and in some situations can be lovely and at other times, or to other people, maybe not. I give thanks for remembering the film Crash which portrayed this so poignantly.

I give thanks for making a sarnie to eat in the sun on my way to do my chores whilst watching the holiday makers trip by. One young couple were carefully teaching their little girl how to cross the road safely...and also how to feed seagulls chips! Then there were a pair of mature men who passed me declaring the town OK for a day visit but 'You wouldn't want to spend a week here'. They were wearing shorts with short nylon socks and leather slip on shoes so we can all be grateful they weren't staying long...

I give thanks for picking up a parcel of tasty Middle Eastern treats posted from Bob in Yorkshire and for Jenny very kindly driving me, my shopping bags and some empty boxes up the hill.

I give thanks the BT engineer who disconnected my line when fixing someone else's believed me when I told him and went back up the pole to put it right so I can post this... and for falling asleep on the sofa when I got home so my seized up fingers could unlock enough for typing and making my tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics