Monday 16 July 2018

Love is the drug

Well, love fifteen in my case obviously! I give thanks for the tennis season temporarily taking my mind off long running problems..
and for comprehendng a 'problem' is not a situation but a construct of the mind.

I give thanks for trying (as ever) to be more equanimous. The serenity prayer is a good rule of thumb but sometimes the wisdom to know when you should go for more courage and when to retire gracefully can be in short supply. Today my most obvious problems have been pain and fatigue so I give thanks for retiring from pretty much everything else for as long as possible to try not to make them worse. To some this may seem uncourageous...but I figure they're people who can take Ibuprofen and really have no idea. I give thanks I accept when catch up time comes a nonday may seem in retrospect unwise, as anything undone will be still awaiting my attention but my goodness me I needed a rest!

I give thanks for doing only the most essential tasks mostly revolving around hygiene and nutrition. For washing up and cooking tea during forays into the kitchen for cuppas and toast, and when I needed a change from lying in bed for lying in the bath!  My knees have been particularly mardy so I give thanks Rachel is coming and I could ask her to check for post. Coming up the stairs yesterday I was acutely aware of every single one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics