Tuesday 31 July 2018

Try to remember

No, it must have been real when I played my guitar, there's particular sore bits in my left hand that weren't there before! Unless I played it in my sleep of course... I've been marvelling since on the way the brain can store movement memories...for years and years and years! I give thanks thus my fingers knew which strings they were meant to land on even if they struggled to actually do it!

Today I give thanks for not letting soreness not let me do anything, nor for letting myself do too much. I give thanks for managing to get a misaddressed parcel to its rightful owner just in time for them to take on holiday...and for my knees telling me quite clearly on the way back that despite my desire to sit on a chair in the sun they were in no mood for more than one trip up and down stairs.

I give thanks after packing a box and wrestling a shelf with a very stuck screw off the wall I settled down to have a rest and was just drifting into a nap when the estate agent rang to give me a nag. I give thanks for making a point of telling him how I always try to make a point of making a genuine human connection out of a functional interaction...and we actually had a conversation! It may have been through gritted teeth at his end but it will have done him no harm I'm sure...

I give thanks for taking the door curtain down and discovering the piece of dowelling it was hanging on is just the right length for the top of my hanging so I just need another for the bottom now. It looks a bit dark and dowdy from the brass rings rubbing on it so I give thanks I have some paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics