Wednesday 1 August 2018

Tea for two

I give thanks for Travelzoo having an offer I couldn't refuse in amongst all the ones I can't accept for one reason or another. This one was for use of a hotel spa followed by a cream tea and a mere half an hour away on the train, though Mima offered to drive us which was even better!

I give thanks for a good swim in a surprisingly big pool for a hotel, with pleasant changing rooms, showers, steam room and sauna, and adequately large and soft towels too which is not always the case when they're included. My body was soooo pleased to be able to do some exercise that didn't hurt! The tea was generous enough that we brought some of it home in doggy bags though nearly four hours later I'm still not sure if I'll want any of it tonight. It was a 'Prosecco' tea and we were both grateful they brought this in little unopened bottles so we could take them away for a treat another time.

I give thanks the noisiest nearest neighbours were out or quiet when I got home.  A nap was tempting but so was catching up with the latest episode of the excellent series Danish series Dicte. Oh and that reminds me...I give thanks for catching Mark Kermode's Secret's of the Cinema on rom-coms last night. I would say I'm not a fan of the genre...but I was definitely a fan of that!

I give thanks for doing the laundry before I went out, including all my bedding so if I can move myself to put a clean set on it will feel so good tonight. In the meantime...it's still quite quiet, and I certainly don't need to do any cooking... so I think I might just watch something else from my recorded collection of TV!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics