Thursday 16 August 2018

You say it best

I give thanks for feeling a whole lot healthier this evening than I did last night. I didn't think it was renally related but it was scary and I'd read my blood results and they were somewhat too, emphasising that I really am rather seriously unwell and it is indeed likely it might start to become a whole lot more noticeable soon.

I give thanks to Jan for saying the right things. I don't talk much about how I really feel as my experience shows on the whole people don't - either because they because they don't think or because they weren't really listening any way, just waiting for their chance to say what they think or feel instead. This isn't meant to be a criticism, just an observation of human nature. We all tend to be much better at egotism than empathy no matter how much we like to kid ourselves...

I give thanks for taking it very easy until lunchtime and then enjoying a long bath and a delicious bowl of pasta with potassium sauce as the level of this in my body is, remarkably, now within normal range so a few mushrooms, some sundried tomato pesto and a sprinkle of cheese was in order. I gave a lot of thanks for that!

I give thanks this gave me the energy to scrub the bath and surrounding tiles, knit a couple more rows of Rachel's jumper and pack a couple of boxes. It may well be I start dialysis before I move at this rate so I really need to get as much done as I can in case it makes me feel worse instead of better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics