Tuesday 7 August 2018

Tears of a clown

I give thanks for giving people gifts when the gift is exactly right! Quite often Rachel and I offer each other items we have an excess of or no more use for and last night I'd put aside some pretty coloured vest tops that had become rather too saggy for my matching frame. I was quite prepared for her to politely decline but it turned out she was wearing a dress that needed one for modesty and had only been able to lay her hands on a winter vest so she changed immediately!

I give thanks for fresh made pesto for my tea and unwisely having another cup of Earl Grey after it so that I was baking granola at bed time and wide awake but happily enjoying the after effects of acupuncture until the small hours. I give thanks for going back to bed for a snooze after breakfast!

I give thanks after reading The Idiot Brain I've realised just quite how a large number of major potential stressors I have to navigate in life in general, and at the moment especially...never mind the small stuff for sweating or not!  So many things outside even my imaginary control, but shutting down as far as possible for a few hours here and there is a good little safety valve for mind as well as body. For a mostly quiet day on the terrace to enable this after a bout of competitive mansplaining in the communal gardens had come to an end. People listening is as entertaining as people watching sometimes...and as exasperating!

I give thanks for unpicking some sewing that had gone wrong for a change instead of Rachel's mistake ridden jumper. 

I give thanks for finishing Rachel Joyce's delightful The Music Shop which made me shed a few tears towards the end but in a mostly good way, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics