Thursday 30 August 2018

Bright side of the road

I give thanks for getting into bed. Maybe it's sad but sometimes that is the best part of the day. And though I loved that hot weather, I give thanks it's cool enough now for a duvet to be necessary...when I wrap mine round myself it's almost like a hug! I give thanks for soft earplugs to soften the sounds of all the people sleeping (or not!) nearby...

I give thanks for another episode of Extraordinary Rituals, this one about gatherings. Such fascinating footage especially, for me, of the Burning Man festival which is still so new and evolving its own traditions.

I give thanks for a very nice local lady suggesting a meeting of terrace tenants to discuss what we could do to improve life on our street. Considering the number of dwellings it wasn't at all well attended, but there was a sense of positivity and resourcefulness which hopefully will catch on. I feel like I haven't much to offer in terms of bright ideas or brute strength but I give thanks I attended as even in that act there was a sense of being part of the community. Oh and I give thanks for thinking of this wonderfully uplifting Van Morrison song when I got back just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics